California SB91 Protects against COVID Tenant Eviction. On January 29, 2021, Governor Newsom signed California Senate Bill 91 making it the USAs greatest protections COVID related Renter eviction relief. This article covers resources COVID Related Tenant Landlord Crisis.
- National State and Local Renter/Landlord Protections.
- Senate Bill 91 extends COVID Tenants protections against eviction, creating the Nations most comprehensive Tenant/Landlord Rent Relief Plan.
- Global Coronavirus Crisis COE Reference Resources.
COVID19- USA National Renter Landlord Relief
Coronavirus Crisis and Essential Protections for COVID-19 AND TENANT PROTECTIONS AGAINST EVICTION:
- 211.org comprehensive COVID and Crisis , Disaster, Essential Needs, and Immigrant Services
- COVID19 State and Local Eviction Moratorium Report – US National Apartment Association
The Global Pandemic results in devastating loses of financial, health, and health insurance; multiplied by a traumatic Tenant fear of COVID joblessness or sickness leading to eviction and homelessness.
California’s SB91 is Most Comprehensive COVID Tenant Landlord Relief
California lawmakers agreed to $2.6 billion in federal stimulus money for up to 80% of some tenants’ unpaid rent. SB 91 is the most comprehensive Tenant Landlord Relief Bill in the USA.
California Apartment Association provides and informative view into SB91 provisions and requirements
SB 91 – New State Rental Assistance and Extension of COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act , protecting Renters in California from eviction, effective Jan.29, 2021! The New California State Rental Assistance Program Applications are expected March 2021.
California Government Landlord and Tenant Housing Is Key providing Landlord and Tenant COVID Resources. For renters and landlords in the State of California this establishes:
- COVID 19 Statewide Tenant Relief Act Evictions 3088 protections through June 2021
- Extends Tenant eviction protections through June with 25% of rents paid, and Declaration of COVID-19-Related Financial Distress.
- Creates a California Statewide Emergency Rental Assistance program to help .
Tenant’s must demonstrate proof of hardship to their landlord.
The landlord can not:
- Charge or attempt to collect late fees
- Increase or charge new fees for service not provided prior
TENANT RENTER PROTECTIONS:
The Tenant Must:
- Pay 25% of owed back rent from September 2020 – June 2021
- Produce a formal Declaration of COVID-19-Related Financial Distress
- Pay all rents owed in back rent in payments in full by June 2021
- SB91 State government structure assists Landlords, where qualified, low income housing with up to 80% past due rent paid to landlords.
A useful A-Z Coronavirus Survival Reference Resources created by, and for our members.
The Covid19 Center of Excellence A-Z Guide is a wealth of health, medical, employment and life strategies to navigate the COVID Global Pandemic.
Contact us to advertise or guest author, share resource ideas, or request reference topic additions. We love your feedback and often incorporate that from contact or comments to our articles.
California Lawmakers SB91, Protects against COVID Tenant Eviction
CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR SIGNED the USA’s most comprehensive COVID US National State and Local Coronavirus protections of Renter Eviction Protection and Landlord hardships:
- California SB91, the USAs most comprehensive Rent Relieve Plan.
- Renters who have paid 25% of rent and provided a valid Declaration of COVID-19-Related Financial Distress are protected from eviction
- Landlords can not charge late charges or create new charges not charged before
- COVID Coronavirus A-Z Center of Excellence Guide features National Apartment Association, California Apartment Association and Tenant and Renter Relief References.