How to get COVID Financial Help? Uninsured Long Haulers wonder where to go for medical treatment when their current issue requires immediate treatment. Long Haulers face recovering Covid without jobs and healthcare insurance, with ongoing symptoms and persistent financial strain.
Covid “long-haulers” worry about paying for health care and whether they will be able to return to work.~ ‘Long-Haulers’ Worry About Coverage, Costs – Michael Ollove 10/20/2020
When sick and struggling, its difficult to report, resolve or manage, its difficult to research much less recover. Where to turn for answers for COVID Pandemic patients who are sick, unemployed, or under-insured. Help Covid Long Haulers to find resources in a personal crisis.
Here are some resources that can help with 211 you can get resources when you do not know where to turn anywhere you are in the USA.
COVID broke Healthcare. Let’s put it back together!! COVID Center of Excellence ( COVID COE ) was created to share ideas for recovering during this global pandemic. Let us collaborate such that our experience gives strength and hope to others that will follow. We have created :
- A-Z Guide of Support Resources for general information
- COVID Long Haul Resources
- Coronavirus Signs Symptoms List
- COVID News
It is not easy when you are sick, trying to recover, and feeling alone!
Help is here! Resources for counseling, support, safety, healthcare, food sufficiency, emergency, and disaster relief. If you are suffering from COVID and unemployed or uninsured, they can help you find resources.
USA MEDICAL CARE:
USA Health and Human Services provide a national reference of who qualifies for the USA Medical Care Program Options:
- Prescription Drug Coverage.
You may qualify for free or low-cost care through Medicaid based on income and family size.
In all states, Medicaid provides health coverage for some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities. In some states the program covers all low-income adults below a certain income level.
- First, find out if your state is expanding Medicaid and learn what that means for you.
- If your state is expanding Medicaid, use this chart to see what you may qualify for based on your income and family size.
Even if you were told you didn’t qualify for Medicaid in the past, you may qualify under the new rules. You can see if you qualify for Medicaid 2 ways:
- Visit your state’s Medicaid website. Use the drop-down menu at the top of this page to pick your state. You can apply right now and find out if you qualify. If you qualify, coverage can begin immediately.
- Fill out an application in the Health Insurance Marketplace. When you finish the application, we’ll tell you which programs you and your family qualify for. If it looks like anyone is eligible for Medicaid and/or CHIP, we’ll let the state agency know so you can enroll.
Generally, Medicare is available for people age 65 or older, younger people with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease. Sign up for Medicare benefits 3 months before age 65. To Check Eligibility: http://www.medicare.gov/eligibilitypremiumcalc/
PRESCRIPTION DRUG COVERAGE:
Everyone with Medicare, regardless of income, health status, or prescription drug usage has had access to prescription drug coverage. For more information, you may wish to visit the Prescription Drug Coverage site.
From the national page you can drill down to a STATES general Medical Care, however you get more specific information my looking at the COUNTY within the States Medical Care. For Example, California.
Medi-Cal is California’s Public Health Medicaid program. You can find resources for who is covered
- Reference the County List for access to your County’s Medi-Cal Resources.
- To get enrolled for your County (for better options than straight (default Medi-cal, contact the county’s Healthcare Options Enrollment) San Joaquin, 209.468.1849
- California Healthcare Services: Office of Ombudsman helps with expedited medical care. They can help resolve problems with Medicare/Medical Healthcare/Emergency Case. They can provide help override healthcare options to get you on a plan in an emergency. Call them at 888.452.8609 with an enrollment override. IF they can not help, you can expedite to your US State Representative.
- California US State Representative
BEST PRACTICE NETWORKS:
Artificial Intelligence (AI)| Cyber Fraud Prevention | COVID Employment Taskforce | Education & Study Abroad| Executive Women’s Network | Health – Facebook | LinkedIn | Jobs N Careers – Facebook | LinkedIn | Recruiting Network | Vouch4Vets |